Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Computer

New Computer 9 years, 10 months ago #215203

Well as the title says im getting a new computer in about 2 weeks or sooner. My dad thinks we should get the Alienware Aurora but I think we should go to a custom computer website where we build it so its cheaper and pretty much the same
  • giovanniz123
  • Banned
  • Da Chang4Life
The topic has been locked.

Re: New Computer 9 years, 10 months ago #215204

Nice, id suggest that building a pc yourself is better if you know how to do it, since you can choose exactly what you want, Because alienware is pretty damn expensive

Edit:
I looked at the aurora , it seems pretty good but for the price you can even include monitors,mouse/keyboard if you'd build it yourself, since you'd proberly pay for the brand and word etc.. But its your choice
  • PHSneaky
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Less of a faggot now
used to be ILikeTrainz
Last Edit: 9 years, 10 months ago by PHSneaky.

Re: New Computer 9 years, 10 months ago #215205

I want to build cause its cheaper but my dad is another story
  • giovanniz123
  • Banned
  • Da Chang4Life

Re: New Computer 9 years, 10 months ago #215207

I would like to say from past experiences, build your own computer. Alienware is nice, but if you can build your own computer then alienware is kinda crap. Plus its not worth the money.
  • Wilfred
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • aw man

Re: New Computer 9 years, 10 months ago #215208

Assuming the place you order a custom pc from builds it for you, that's fine. However if not and this is your first time building a pc you'd be better off just spending the extra wonga on the Alienware.

Aye you're paying extra for flashy lights but at least it'll be professionally built instead of a wire filled mess.
  • Rake
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • A Minge's Nightmare!
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Re: New Computer 9 years, 10 months ago #215242

Honestly, what I think you should do is order all the parts separately, and take them to a local computer repair shop and have them build it for you.

If I were you, I'd also try having your dad ask them if they'd be willing to let you watch as they build it for you, so in the future you'll have the knowledge do stuff like this (this is how I learned to do it.) Personally I think this would be better than forking out a lot more cash for an Alienware, or having it built for you and then shipped to you, because you wouldn't just have a computer, you would also have experience, and that is the best thing.
  • Jochs
  • Former Owner
Last Edit: 9 years, 10 months ago by Jochs.

Re: New Computer 9 years, 10 months ago #215246

Glad to see you'll be coming back Gio
And I have to agree with everyone else, try to convince your dad to get a custom PC.

Re: New Computer 9 years, 10 months ago #215254

Don't do the mistake I did and buy a god damn ready made computer, I've ended up spending £900 on my computer and having to pay an extra £400 on things to make it better...
  • Billy Jones
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I dont know what to put here...
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds