Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Kyboshe's Suggestion Thread
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kyboshe's Suggestion Thread

Kyboshe's Suggestion Thread 11 years, 4 months ago #118080

This is going to be my suggestion thread and I am going to offer my opinion on what should be done. I will offer my suggestions and an explanations to why I say that it should be implemented/changed.

("words") = My explanation
- "words" = My suggestion

*Game Changes*

- Ratio of guards to prisoners should be 1:4

(Right now that ratio is about 1:2 and is kind of overpowered. It will also help stop RDMing because less guards equals less RDMIng).

- The server slot amount should be 0/24 which with a full server would equate to 6 guards and 18 prisoners

(This would help stop lag in the server which has been experienced with 50-60 players in the server and it would also make the server a lot easier to administrate. This will also help the spawning problem since some spawn points are overwhelmed, some unlucky prisoner gets spawned outside of cells and is instantly killed for being out of his cell without warden's orders).

- All prisoner spawn points should be inside of cells

(Being outside of your cell without the wardens permission can allow guards to KOS them. It is annoying for guards and prisoners).

- About 2:12 prisoners should spawn with knives and smoke grenades

(This would be to balance the game out since they are a one hit kill if you throw them and about a 1-2 hit kill if used by melee combat. They are extremely powerful and the amount of prisoners that get them are approximately 8:10. It ridiculous and since the ratio of guards would be lowered it would be completely unfair for the guards. The other option would to be to lower the damage values on knives and increase the ratio of prisoners with weapons but I think it would be more fun to keep the knives with the same damage values but decrease the ratio of prisoners with weapons. Besides prisoners should have to use teamwork to try to kill the guards).

EDIT: I noticed a couple days ago that prisoners get to spawn with at least one knife every game. We could change it so that 2:12 prisoners get to spawn with their chosen class which would balance it out if we change the ratio of guards to prisoners.

- Prisoners should not spawn with guns or lethal grenades, only smoke grenades and/or knives

(Guns and lethal grenades are over powered. The prisoners already have 1 hit kill knives, there is no need for guns or lethal grenades).

- Warden should get 2-3 place markers instead of one

(This would allow for more spots to be placed and would add to the game in a good way).

- Markers shouldn't last to the next round

(I think the markers are broken. If markers are placed in round one, they should not still be there on round two).

- Weapon Checker and Medic Kits should be items that guards can equip to frisk prisoners for weapons and medic kits to heal other guards or someone the was free-shot.

(This would make the game a bit more balanced).

- Make it so that wooden crates can be destroy with guns

(I don't know how many times guards have spawned boxes in front of places to make them inaccessible. It gets quite annoying and needs to be changed).

- Allow guards to spawn with whichever weapon they want (This is so that guards don't spawn with a random weapon they don't want and then they can't get it because the map doesn't have the gun on it)

*Rule Changes and Additions*

- Prisoners are not allowed to use mics and if they do, they will be killed unless specified by the warden, guards are allowed to use mics but are not allowed to talk over the warden

(This would allow prisoners to hear the warden's commands better).

- Knives should be considered auto-rebel

(They are basically a one hit kill and can kill warden in one hit..... How are they not considered auto rebel....).

Glitches/Exploits

- Knife duping needs to be fixed

(Knives are already powerful, we don't need more of them).

- Killing most guards in the armory after the next round

(Basically right now if a prisoner is the last one standing and throws a lethal grenade into the armory just before thee round is over, it usually ends up killing most of the guards if not all of the guards).

Out-of-Game Suggestions

- More promotions

(Right now there are so many people who deserve to get promoted but aren't and also the server suffering from a lack of staff).

- More meetings

(This is probably the most important thing that needs to get done right now. There is such a lack of meetings for the amount of problems that we have with the server. Until most of the problems are fixed we need a meeting every week or two weeks but it would be better if we had one every week).

Maps

- Add ba_jail_sand_v3
- Add jb_island_prison_b1
- Add ba_jail_sona_final_fix
- Add jb_new_summer_v1
- Add jb_italia_beta4
- Remove or replace with fixed map jb_no1_jail_v2b9 (Guard door will sometimes glitch and get stuck)
- Remove or replace with fixed map jb_lego_jail_v4 (The map lags)
- Remove or replace with fixed map ba_mars (Guard door will sometimes glitch and get stuck)

As I get more ideas I will add them to the list.
  • Kybosche
  • Senior Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
Last Edit: 11 years, 1 month ago by Kybosche.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Kyboshe's Suggestion Thread (To-do List) 11 years, 4 months ago #118082

Some of those are problems are hardwired into the map and cannot be dealt with, and some of the other ones would require a coder. The only thing I would ever see FP doing would be lowering the slots to somewhere around 40 or 30.
  • KillerLUA
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Kyboshe's Suggestion Thread (To-do List) 11 years, 4 months ago #118165

Why the hell are his servers neglected and lack features then? Maybe I'm just seeing the wrong things though, after all, this is a steady community, and a steady community needs a good coder.
  • KillerLUA
  • Senior Boarder
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by KillerLUA.

Re: Kyboshe's Suggestion Thread (To-do List) 11 years, 4 months ago #119025

KillerLUA wrote:
Why the hell are his servers neglected and lack features then? Maybe I'm just seeing the wrong things though, after all, this is a steady community, and a steady community needs a good coder.

That is probably because Chute is working on the RP server alot to make it more epic as ever! As for the suggestions I can't agree on all of them but something should be done about the mic spam.
  • Ghost141
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by Ghost141.

Re: Kyboshe's Suggestion Thread (To-do List) 11 years, 4 months ago #119484

This thread really needs more attention.
  • Kybosche
  • Senior Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Kyboshe's Suggestion Thread (To-do List) 11 years, 4 months ago #119495

Ratio of guards to prisoners should be 1:4

When it's 1:2 and the guards don't RDM, the prisoners can usually take over the guards if they work together; depending on the map. And despite efforts to prevent it, knife duping usually kills off a bunch of the guards already.

The server slot amount should be 0/24 which with a full server would equate to 6 guards and 18 prisoners

At the moment, it is hard for a single admin to handle 60 players while most of them are RDMing. But I believe that once more admins become available and they obtain higher ranks, it'll be easier to manage.

All prisoner spawn points should be inside of cells

I think this is a problem with the maps. It occurs no matter how many people are playing. There is usually at least one person who spawns out of their cell.

About 2:12 prisoners should spawn with knives and smoke grenades

There is a class that spawns with smoke grenades and knives. Not many people seem to choose it. They go for the lockpick which is currently bugged considering that everyone can use it no matter what team or class.
Knife damage depends on where you hit them. Back-stabs are insta-kill. I believe that head stabs or chest stabs do a lot more damage than side stabs.

Prisoners should not spawn with guns or lethal grenades, only smoke grenades and/or knives

That is also built into maps. Some cells have weapons or grenades in them. When players spawn, they sometimes just pick them up.

Warden should get 2-3 place markers instead of one

I'm rarely warden so I don't even know how to place them.

Weapon Checker and Medic Kits should be items that guards can equip to frisk prisoners for weapons and medic kits to heal other guards or someone the was free-shot.

I've seen other prisoners talking about that, but you can easily see everything a prisoner has by just looking at his waist or his back. The medic kit would be neat, but I think many of the guards are more focused on killing them rather than helping them.

Make it so that wooden crates can be destroy with guns

That would be a pretty good idea. It gets kind of rediculous when people spam props to block doorways, the armory, vents, etc.
Also, a smaller limit to how many props a player can spawn would be nice.

Prisoners are not allowed to use mics and if they do, they will be killed unless specified by the warden, guards are allowed to use mics but are not allowed to talk over the warden

I think the prisoners should be allowed to use their mics unless the warden tells them not to. It's easier for them to ask questions about the orders with them.

Knives should be considered auto-rebel

Knives are only insta-kill when thrown or back-stabbed. Almost all of the knives being thrown are gained via duping (which is against the rules). So just keep your backs away from the prisoners.
  • JayHawk
  • Legendary Member
  • Mr. PoopHead
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by JayHawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crocodile

Re: Kyboshe's Suggestion Thread (To-do List) 11 years, 4 months ago #119611

I appreciate your thoughts on my suggestions Jayhawk and also I added Glitches/Exploits and Out-of-Game suggestions.

EDIT: 1/5/2013 - I added an edit to the point where prisoners get to spawn with weapons.
  • Kybosche
  • Senior Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by Kybosche.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds