Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Prop Blocking

Prop Blocking 11 years, 5 months ago #117802

I'm getting killed by both sides over this, are guards allowed to prop block themselves into the vents/buildings/etc so that prisoners cannot get to them? It has happened too often and guards won't let me slay them because they say it's not in the rules.

Can somebody with authority clarify this?
  • KillerLUA
  • Senior Boarder
The topic has been locked.

Re: Prop Blocking 11 years, 5 months ago #117804

Definitely not allowed in the vents as the rule is no camping vents. But the rules were written for CSS not jailbreak so obviously props weren't an issue. In my opinion I think you should be giving a warning and then slaying if they don't listen. If they complain just say you're the admin, you have the last say.
  • Goosey
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Does anyone else still have this link?

Re: Prop Blocking 11 years, 5 months ago #117809

This happens every day on the jailbreak server, A Minge called AMDPhenom always propblocks himself in the cinemas in alcatraz and the tower in no1_jail. Its annoying and its a rule that definitely needs to be added to the server.
  • Crocodile
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Re: Prop Blocking 11 years, 5 months ago #117812

Goosey wrote:
Definitely not allowed in the vents as the rule is no camping vents. But the rules were written for CSS not jailbreak so obviously props weren't an issue. In my opinion I think you should be giving a warning and then slaying if they don't listen. If they complain just say you're the admin, you have the last say.

I would slay them for it, but they claim it's not on the rules, therefore they can do it. But it doesn't say they CAN do it on the rules either, so it's unclarifed. I said I would make a decision to slay for prop blocking, but they then said they were going to 'report me' so I didn't risk it. Looking for further clarification here.
  • KillerLUA
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Prop Blocking 11 years, 5 months ago #117815

KillerLUA wrote:
Goosey wrote:

I would slay them for it, but they claim it's not on the rules, therefore they can do it. But it doesn't say they CAN do it on the rules either, so it's unclarifed. I said I would make a decision to slay for prop blocking, but they then said they were going to 'report me' so I didn't risk it. Looking for further clarification here.

Dont let the minges get to you, slay them and if they "report" you we know that you did the right thing.
  • Mez
  • Banned
  • Diamond VIP
  • 10,000 Points for you!

Re: Prop Blocking 11 years, 5 months ago #117816

Okay, I'll slay them for now. It's just there were about 5 people with mic's breathing down my neck saying I couldn't.
  • KillerLUA
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Prop Blocking 11 years, 5 months ago #117817

If your part of the staff you should know what is right and wrong.
  • Quake709
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Prop Blocking 11 years, 5 months ago #117821

There's nothing in the rules against or for props so he had to get a second opinion on it. It's better to ask others than to assume.
  • JayHawk
  • Legendary Member
  • Mr. PoopHead
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Re: Prop Blocking 11 years, 5 months ago #117871

My arguing point for this to be considered as a rule is that the rules were written for CS:S and you couldn't spawn props, but this is the age of Garry's Mod and you can. Since there is no rule allowing it (like their are some rules for allowing things), I have been slaying people for it. But some guy called AMD started complaining and saying he was going to report me or something like that. But I think it's sorted now, enough admins have voiced their opinion for it to be acceptable.

Quake709 wrote:
If your part of the staff you should know what is right and wrong.

Like JayHawk said, there is no rule for it yet. Also, I have printed off the rule list and also have the forums on my second monitor. I'm in a perfect state to know what is right and wrong when I need it.
  • KillerLUA
  • Senior Boarder
Last Edit: 11 years, 5 months ago by KillerLUA.

Re: Prop Blocking 11 years, 5 months ago #117891

Can't you use !bring in the jailbreak server? Or only ttt server uses ULX?
  • Fakerz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds