Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Report admin abuse : Bootane
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Report admin abuse : Bootane

Report admin abuse : Bootane 13 years, 11 months ago #34252

Firstly I'd just like to say how I love playing on your server, I find the players, well, friendly, I find the majority of admins fun but fair. And I would like to bring to your attention an admin who I feel has continously abused his rights as an admin, by being unfair, not fun and down right abusive to say the least. Tonight he permanently banned me after several other unprovoked bans against me, maybe because I'm the only person who has enough balls the stand up to his dictator-like way. The following picture should give you an idea of what he is like all the time, he swears at me, offends me and then after i challenge in the slightest way I get permenently banned, quite frankly this has to stop and I would like to think that other admins and players would agree with me. It is very sad that any admin should ever be reported for abuse, but I hope you will see that this admin is just not suited to be one.

Regards,
Dr. Neilzer
yfrog.com/fvadminabusegonetoofarp
Attachments:
  • neilzer
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 13 years, 11 months ago by neilzer.

Re:Report admin abuse : Bootane 13 years, 11 months ago #34254

Well I will try and explain one of the other bans as clearly as I can... A french player came on and didn't understand the orders, and as I speak quite a bit of french I tried to explain to him each order, for this Bootane kicked me... I asked him why, and he said because I was speaking another language, and if I did it again I would get banned... so I challnged him and said \"so if I try and be nice to other players then I'm going to get a ban? ok so I'll be a dick and get to be an admin?\" then I remember very clearly what happened next, Bootane said \"fuck you\" and I was banned for a day.

The other time I remember getting banned by him I probably did provoke him but never would I see it as bannable... someone was called \"bootanes pet\" or something like that and said \"sorry master\" and I said \"your master sounds like a noob \" a bit of banter which obviously Bootane cant take as I got another ban.

Regards,
Dr. Neilzer

PS I broke no rules, I was dead when this all happened, how quick he is to get his banhammer out...and having a bad day isnt really an excuse for bad admin-ship
PSS Any other questions just ask.
  • neilzer
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 13 years, 11 months ago by neilzer.

Re:Report admin abuse : Bootane 13 years, 11 months ago #34261

As i can se in the log there you guys were having a discussion somehow.. then bootane got pissed off insulted you and permantly banned you. I'd say unbann this guy ?
  • Toasty
  • Banned
  • Diamond VIP
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Re:Report admin abuse : Bootane 13 years, 11 months ago #34263

what you see in he log is the whole conversation
  • neilzer
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Report admin abuse : Bootane 13 years, 11 months ago #34268

I'd personnaly like to see Bootane's side of the story before making any judgements. Obviously we've heard one side and I know from my experience you're not always the most reliable person if I'm honest with you. I know you sometimes complain about \"freekills\" which I saw happen and weren't freekills for such and such reason...

However I will say this. I've always considered Bootane a good admin but I have noticed recently he's been more prone to raging and banning people more quickly. For example I was there when the whole Lethal thing happened and whilst they were provoking him I think a ban (espically a permenant ban) was very harsh and I said so at the time. He also banned Weker even though he had done nothing wrong because he warned all the Lethal people to leave and Weker either ignored him or didn't see his message. He ended up getting permed despite not having broken any rules (except for one which I slayed him for but I understand he's fairly new anyway) and not even raging.

So yeah I could believe either side is in the wrong/right at the moment. As for what needs to be done, I don't think Bootane should be demoted. I've noticed a change in behaviour and attitude (plus I've had a few arguments with him recently) so maybe somethings going on IRL? I wouldn't like to speculate but we should consider this.

Regards

W!PeOuT
  • W!PeOuT
  • Platinum Boarder
Former Admin on: JB [Rank B], Surf [Rank SA + TC] and many other servers before that. Former Global moderator on forums.

Steam: Jimtheatomicasby
(steamcommunity.com/id/atomicasby)

I can be good at surf... take a look:

http://www.pingtest.net/result/27892969.png

Re:Report admin abuse : Bootane 13 years, 11 months ago #34271

Yea I used to be an admin on the biggest server on hl2dm, and admin breaks weren't uncommon, usually 2 weeks to let the admin calm down, and get away from gaming for a while, it does more good than harm. To be honest I'd love to hear his side of the story. And I'm not just saying all of this because he banned me, I've seen him ban others unfairly, without warning, slaying or kicking, and in most cases at 2 of the 3 should be practiced before banning, not just ban then ban then ban.

So I wouldn't want to see him lose admin, he has obviously got his position for a reason, I completely understand that, but a short break wouldn't do any harm.

Also my admin team found that having a clear cut banning system was more fair, and lead to less complaints,etc. for example, warn, slay, kick, kick again then if they dont listen a short ban of 30 mins, each ban after that would incur a longer ban 30 mins- an hour- 2 hours- 12 hours- a day- a week - 2 weeks- then if all admin were agreed a permanent ban. Constant banning just drives players away from the server either out of fear or hatred, and an admin should be neither. I appreciate the extra burden of being an admin and sometimes people need that burden taken off them for a break...

Regards, Neilzer
  • neilzer
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Report admin abuse : Bootane 13 years, 11 months ago #34279

neilzer wrote:
Yea I used to be an admin on the biggest server on hl2dm, and admin breaks weren't uncommon, usually 2 weeks to let the admin calm down, and get away from gaming for a while, it does more good than harm. To be honest I'd love to hear his side of the story. And I'm not just saying all of this because he banned me, I've seen him ban others unfairly, without warning, slaying or kicking, and in most cases at 2 of the 3 should be practiced before banning, not just ban then ban then ban.

So I wouldn't want to see him lose admin, he has obviously got his position for a reason, I completely understand that, but a short break wouldn't do any harm.

Also my admin team found that having a clear cut banning system was more fair, and lead to less complaints,etc. for example, warn, slay, kick, kick again then if they dont listen a short ban of 30 mins, each ban after that would incur a longer ban 30 mins- an hour- 2 hours- 12 hours- a day- a week - 2 weeks- then if all admin were agreed a permanent ban. Constant banning just drives players away from the server either out of fear or hatred, and an admin should be neither. I appreciate the extra burden of being an admin and sometimes people need that burden taken off them for a break...

Regards, Neilzer

O, nothing makes me sadder, when the agent lost his bladder in the aeeeero plane
  • Ardepai

Re:Report admin abuse : Bootane 13 years, 11 months ago #34283

Neilzer, i think i can remember kicking you or giving you a short ban before for doing something, so it wouldn't suprise me if bootane banned you.

Edit: Spelling fail (:
  • braxxies
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: 13 years, 11 months ago by braxxies.

Re:Report admin abuse : Bootane 13 years, 11 months ago #34284

I'm guessing you haven't seen the console log? And no you haven't banned me before, but I always stop doing something if an admin asks, the only reason I get kicked or banned on this server is without warning or reason, unfortuanetely too many admins seem to use kick as their warning whereas bootane just perm bans me for not liking me or because he knows he can't win an arguement so his way out is to just ban. With him it's feels like if I flash my flashlight or knife him when he's ct then I'm going to get banned, and I usually just disconnect from the server when i see him coming on because EVERYTIME he is on he bans me. Nobody is perfect, this counts for players and admins, and I think bootane needs time out to chill out because he evidently gets too worked up about a game.
  • neilzer
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Report admin abuse : Bootane 13 years, 11 months ago #34288

im pretty sure ive banned yo for a short period for something aswell, think it was freekilling
  • Ardepai

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds