Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Complaint

Complaint 10 years, 5 months ago #188724

This post is my response to Clyde's actions this morning, and his response to my appeal.

I am extremely disappointed in the standard of administration conveyed during the events that occurred on the DarkRP server this morning.

Several of your staff members were online, completely oblivious to the chaos that was taking place right under their noses; they seemed more concerned about their own shenanigans and literally just watched: ignoring any cries for help.

So there's my first call. When I finally get a response (and remember, believe me or not, there was utter havoc at the spawn), a moderator denies our claims making no effort at all to find out what's up - and your so called 'superadmin' wasn't too helpful either:

After that, an attempt to report propkill is also straight up denied with no investigation. Apparent he knows how someone would behave at any given point!

And to top it all off, I post a legitimate screenshot link, and I am carelessly banned for it.

Some more screenshots...

Wow, didn't know that a fucking screenshot had these capabilities!

So I clearly posted a phishing link which advertised something?

And I'm supposed to know this, how? I'm new to the community, trying to report something - I've checked and checked twice and there's nothing in the rules to say I shouldn't post a link so please enlighten me as to how I should know that posting links is an offense?

On the topic of me and Michael being new community members here, he also tries to use this argument about us "not knowing him" - if he tries to say this, how are we expected to know his dictated policy on links?

So apparently he doesn't want to listen to a valid user complaint (which is a damn fucking rightful one), as well as the other staff member assuming that I'm an all knowing being?

He argues this, but the same applies to me. It's not documented anywhere obvious, and brought me a permban for posting evidence.

Who's the one that's really being assumed to know shit?

Again with the "you should automatically know this, even though it's not stated anywhere"

And this really just sums it all up, the lack of professionalism and regard here is sickening.

In response to his forum response
His response at time of posting this thread:

-- I'm allowed to ban people immediatly if the link they post in the chat is assumed to be one that causes disruption to our users

And I'm supposed to know this, how?

-- Maybe you shouldn't post links in the chat knowing that is a possibility of happening

Hahaha, good one - as has been pointed out, at no point are we told that there is a possibility of it happening. Let me relate back to what YOU said:

-- how about taking the liberty of warning people what youre about to post is just an image link site and not some other image rubbish

Again, where does it say that I should do this? We were clearly in the context of someone propkilling, but oh, you had absolutely no care in the world for the situation being reported as you are clearly acquainted with the offender. It's disgusting that someone who is supposed to stop this shit would watch it happen because they've been in the community longer.

The only warning that should have been given was by you, what you did was out of order. You made no attempt to investigate at all - all you would have had to "take the liberty" to quickly google something along the lines of "gyazo scam" and see what you got back.

-- Now I know you and your friend are very upset because oh we know this is the biggest event to be unveiled since the second coming.

You just think it's something that can be swept under the carpet, because you evidently seem to think you're some form of god, at least that's the way you've portrayed yourself

[cough]

[/cough]

-- would you rather have an admin that does his job or one that doesn't man.

Please, don't flatter yourself:
It's not your job to automatically consider yourself as the person in the right:

And you consider THIS your job?

Pretty sure one of our trial mods could have dealt with a report like that a damn-sight more legitimately than you decided to.

-- clearly shows I'm on my game when it comes to stuff like this and had it be the real thing I would have solved the problem relatively fast.

CLEARLY! HA.

Think about what you're saying, and remember that this was a false ban. Of course, it's you thinking you know your stuff again - savior of the day, but no: the ban was false. It was a screenshot that wouldn't even have had to be posted if you'd made the effort to actually resolve even the simplest of reports.

Clyde acted wrongly, and you may deny it if you want - but the evidence shows it, and that's something you can not deny. Let's put it into perspective. Yeah, I'm from the community in which Chute recently took charge of - but I'm still a new user at FP, so if it's enough for one person to experience this kind of treatment and behavior - others may end up going through this again and it's really not a good first impression.

Just to sugarcoat it, all images in this thread are delivered through Gyazo. plsnoban

I will respond to any criticism/argument you may have, and if you wish to be even more indecent and delete my complaint, I have it saved and given it to someone who will be bringing the issues raised up at your admin meeting tonight.
  • Christopher
  • Junior Boarder
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Last Edit: 10 years, 5 months ago by Christopher.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GrimThunder62

Re: Complaint 10 years, 5 months ago #188727

Chris, you just became my best friend.
  • Rake
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • A Minge's Nightmare!

Re: Complaint 10 years, 5 months ago #188745

There have been many abuse threads on Clyde, maybe he isn't meant to be staff.
  • Granny
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Complaint 10 years, 5 months ago #188747

Absolutely ridiculous how he behaved.

After this "pointless argument" as he called it.

I myself made a complaint about the person who propkilled.

And all Clyde did was ask me for proof?

Nothing else, just proof, he's supposed to figure out what's going on isn't he..

He called me "buttfrustated" only because I wanted the person to be punished.

I also find him very unworthy of this rank, mainly because of the fact he was propkilled by the

person himself, and all they said was in OOC : L33T HAX!

He knew that she/he propkilled, but he doesn't do anything about it and he even participates in

it. Now I didn't take any pictures of this, because I didn't feel the need to, but it's still..

not good.

Love the way you argued against me, Clyde.

Michael Evans
  • Smallville
  • Senior Boarder
ZARP DarkRP Superadmin
ZARP TTT Superadmin
ZARP Forums Global Moderator

Re: Complaint 10 years, 5 months ago #188750

I find it ridiculous how everyone reacts this way.

If someone posts a suspicious link advertising a site, wich looks suspicious.

2 Rules are broken. If it looks like an autobanner Clyde has all the right to go for it and place a ban.

Maybe it wasn't fair, that is why he unbanned you wich in my eyes you should be happy about instead of complaining.

Clyde had all the right to ban you.

This is in no possible way abusive.
  • Slappy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • le penis
don't ban me please

Re: Complaint 10 years, 5 months ago #188751

This was very well thought out and put together. Good job.
  • GrimThunder62
  • Gold Boarder
  • In many cases, your mind is your only limitation

Re: Complaint 10 years, 5 months ago #188752

Slappy wrote:

2 Rules are broken. If it looks like an autobanner Clyde has all the right to go for it and place a ban.

No investigation was put in, and if you didn't notice, the link wouldn't have had to be posted if he didn't present himself with ignorance towards the propkill situation.
  • Christopher
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Complaint 10 years, 5 months ago #188755

Christopher wrote:
Slappy wrote:

No investigation was put in, and if you didn't notice, the link wouldn't have had to be posted if he didn't present himself with ignorance towards the propkill situation.

I would like to add something to that, how is Christopher supposed to know you aren't allowed to do such things?

We did check the rules, we don't see anything about it there.
  • Smallville
  • Senior Boarder
ZARP DarkRP Superadmin
ZARP TTT Superadmin
ZARP Forums Global Moderator

Re: Complaint 10 years, 5 months ago #188758

I would like to state that Clyde has already lost his banning powers on TTT due to the fact that several times he would ban people over the smallest things. One time I remember was just after I had gotten trusted, someone RDM'ed Clyde and then Clyde perma banned him. The guy hadn't even left yet. When me and Slyther then went to explain to him why he handled it wrong, he wouldn't hear a word of it and blew us off.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.
Last Edit: 10 years, 5 months ago by Sypher40. Reason: Spelling & grammar errors

Re: Complaint 10 years, 5 months ago #188792

No clue why anyone would be banned for posting Gyazo, I've used Gyazo screen snapper for as long as I can remember and had posted those screen shot links in skype calls with staff before etc. Gyazo is a pretty well known screen snapper tool if not one of the most known sooooo.
  • Sora
  • Gold Boarder
  • FP's Dragon Ball Nerd
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds