Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

[Forum Suggestion] Captcha -Chute Read
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Forum Suggestion] Captcha -Chute Read

[Forum Suggestion] Captcha -Chute Read 10 years, 4 months ago #192738

Well recently the forums (mostly just flood section) has been getting a bunch of spam by random usernames. Now i'm assuming this may be the work of a spam-bot but I may be wrong. I think adding a captcha after entering your username and password would probably stop the spam-bots. I know for everyone else it's going to be annoying to enter random numbers and letters but my OCD just goes off the charts when I see a random useless post (aka Spam). Please put this Idea under consideration Chute.
-Respect
  • giovanniz123
  • Banned
  • Da Chang4Life

Re: [Forum Suggestion] Captcha -Chute Read 10 years, 4 months ago #192742

giovanniz123 wrote:
Well recently the forums (mostly just flood section) has been getting a bunch of spam by random usernames. Now i'm assuming this may be the work of a spam-bot but I may be wrong. I think adding a captcha after entering your username and password would probably stop the spam-bots. I know for everyone else it's going to be annoying to enter random numbers and letters but my OCD just goes off the charts when I see a random useless post (aka Spam). Please put this Idea under consideration Chute.
-Respect

It won't stop them, CAPTCHA 90% of the time can be bypassed by bots, making it so you have to use it when you sign in wouldn't solve the problem. Only make it more of a hassle when logging in.

Chute has already solved the spam bot issue on the Zarp Gamming forums by implementing a basically fool proof way to stop spam-bots. Are You a Human. As bots cannot play a game they can't bypass that security. Chute has plans to add this in the near future when he updates the site.

It won't stop manual spammers but thats what we have forum mods for.
  • EMP
  • Site Administrator
  • Diamond VIP
  • Ambassador />
					</li>

<li class=
  • FP Owner/Developer
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Add me on Steam!

Re: [Forum Suggestion] Captcha -Chute Read 10 years, 4 months ago #192744

EMP wrote:
giovanniz123 wrote:
-Respect

It won't stop them, CAPTCHA 90% of the time can be bypassed by bots, making it so you have to use it when you sign in wouldn't solve the problem. Only make it more of a hassle when logging in.

Chute has already solved the spam bot issue on the Zarp Gamming forums by implementing a basically fool proof way to stop spam-bots. Are You a Human. As bots cannot play a game they can't bypass that security. Chute has plans to add this in the near future when he updates the site.

It won't stop manual spammers but thats what we have forum mods for.

Well it's nice to know Chute will be putting that in the near future. Thanks EMP.
  • giovanniz123
  • Banned
  • Da Chang4Life

Re: [Forum Suggestion] Captcha -Chute Read 10 years, 4 months ago #192755

You mean the Flood section won't be used again, ahahaha
  • dedetee
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Grolag Hortump
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Stinkpot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Molly, ChummyXRay