Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: cloud sixteen

Re: cloud sixteen 9 years, 2 months ago #226758

KreeG wrote:
Magnanimousity wrote:
To be fair, FP's HL2RP didn't really have anyone on it for a while before the Cloud Sixteen incident, so I can understand them being a bit hesitant to bring it back. It's a lot of work for potentially very little payout.

Before the incident and when the ressurection happend we had around 10-30 people on daily. It died and there were good plans for another resurrection but it never got to happen. during this time hl2 was more populair then darkrp jailbreak and ttt

While this may be true, how long did the activity last? A few weeks? Maybe a month? Odds are, a second resurrection would probably last just as long, meaning in order to keep the server active, it would have to be practically remodeled every month. As Mag said, that's a lot of work, but not that much pay off.

My opinion on the issue is that the servers keep dying out because we keep adding new ones. We all know every server has lists of updates that have been promised but haven't been implemented due to one reason or another. Thus people get bored with the same-old same-old server and move on. Adding another server, and thus another list, takes time away from working on the stuff everyone's looking forward to and complaining about and just adds to the complications. Even then, it's only two or three guys working on all of them. RP alone is being revamped, which I know is not easy, and will obviously need a good chunk of time to work on.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
Last Edit: 9 years, 2 months ago by Slyther.
The topic has been locked.

Re: cloud sixteen 9 years, 2 months ago #226783

pls bring hl2rp back, i miss walking
  • Rake
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • A Minge's Nightmare!
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
The topic has been locked.

Re: cloud sixteen 9 years, 2 months ago #226800

nobody knows the trouble ive seen
HL2RP Staff Member since 1836