Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215608

I will respond to this when I get home in around four hours.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215617

I understand that there was actually more to it than the song. However, I do agree that 3 months is a little too long for basic trolling. If ghosting, which is one of the worst rules to break, is at max 3 months, three and a half for being a troll is a bit overkill. At worst probably should be a month. (Note I wasn't there, I've just heard some details second hand)

Also Xeratous wrote:
Ban may have been a little long, but it shows that no matter who you are, you are not above the rules and will show a point.

I understand that it was really late for you and you're tired, so it might not have come out the way you meant. However, just wanna point out how horrible this honestly seems. Never excessively punish someone with the purpose to make a point. No matter who it is, take the problem into account, not the person.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by Slyther.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rocinante

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215627

Alright, this here is the full reason I banned Trevor/Die Trippy.

1. Mic Spam. Trevor had a sound board hooked up and was playing random noises/quotes several times, myself or Xera had gagged him twice before he played the song.

2. Racism. The song used the word "n*****" about 7 times before I gagged him. He plays on RP and should know this is not acceptable.

3. Trolling. This ties in with the sound board, along with a couple other things.

4. RDM. Several times he would kill people for no reason, which ties into the final reason.

5. Anti-teaming. He and his two friends would kill each other whether they were traitors or not, which lead to more killing and karma lose.

The song was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back, that and he RDM'ed 2 people before he left, which is why I extended a 3 month ban to about 3 and a half. I will not be removing or reducing the ban. Trevor came on TTT after getting banned from RP for trolling, and then trolled our server. He has no respect for the rules, so he should expect a harsh punishment.

Prof, instead of calling me out on the forums ask me first. It annoys the hell out of me that you took the word of a player who just got banned from two FP servers for trolling instead of just sending me a steam message. It further annoys me, that this is after I denied Trevor's thread. I also want to say sorry to Slyther, he messaged me about the ban and I didn't go into full detail because I was in bed at the time and had to get up early.
  • Sypher40
  • Platinum Boarder
  • All work and no play makes Wolf a dull boy.
John 1:3: "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Magnanimousity wrote:
Buttbuddies

Slyther wrote:
Hi, I'm Sly. I like fire.

Pony wrote:
I almost said I was a Traitor, but stopped myself. Shit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xeratous

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215630

Sypher40 wrote:
Alright, this here is the full reason I banned Trevor/Die Trippy.

1. Mic Spam. Trevor had a sound board hooked up and was playing random noises/quotes several times, myself or Xera had gagged him twice before he played the song.

2. Racism. The song used the word "n*****" about 7 times before I gagged him. He plays on RP and should know this is not acceptable.

3. Trolling. This ties in with the sound board, along with a couple other things.

4. RDM. Several times he would kill people for no reason, which ties into the final reason.

5. Anti-teaming. He and his two friends would kill each other whether they were traitors or not, which lead to more killing and karma lose.

The song was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back, that and he RDM'ed 2 people before he left, which is why I extended a 3 month ban to about 3 and a half. I will not be removing or reducing the ban. Trevor came on TTT after getting banned from RP for trolling, and then trolled our server. He has no respect for the rules, so he should expect a harsh punishment.

Prof, instead of calling me out on the forums ask me first. It annoys the hell out of me that you took the word of a player who just got banned from two FP servers for trolling instead of just sending me a steam message. It further annoys me, that this is after I denied Trevor's thread. I also want to say sorry to Slyther, he messaged me about the ban and I didn't go into full detail because I was in bed at the time and had to get up early.
Did you not read the title? My power was out. I had no internet on my computer. I had to use my phone. I couldn't message you. I didn't even see the thread until it was already locked so I couldn't have responded to it.

To think I'm calling you out is a bit melodramatic and why would I want to call you out? I'm not going after you, I don't think you're extremely special that I have to call out one ban you did. It doesn't matter who the hell banned him, I wanted to find out more information about this ban because it is completely and utterly unfair and ridiculously long. To think I'm specifically targeting you and calling YOU out is a bit conceited and selfish. Again, I don't care who it was, Pony, Xera, Sly, Jimmy... Anyone.

Right there, 1 2 and 3 proved my point that he did not need to banned as long as he did. He was already punished. You said you gagged him multiple times. You did it to yourself. You NEVER kicked him. If you knew he was causing trouble and continuously was doing it, did you not think to just kick him and have it over with? Instead of consistently LETTING HIM break the rules and rack up offenses to give him a longer ban, simply kick him. Problem solved.

If he rdmed people multiple times for multiple rounds then just continuously slay him, and if he did it at least 4 times, ban him for a month.

Like I mentioned earlier, am I a racist for liking Tyler, The Creator that continuously says the n word in his songs? Obviously it is language that is not su
There is no need to punish him for "trolling" when he was already gagged and punished for it. You aren't supposed to hold onto things he's already been punished for and tack it onto his ban time, that's unfair, it was already dealt with.

If he rdmed twice and instigated more rdm, he should be banned for a month. Tops. He was already punished for trolling, to add two more months for it would be overkill and unfair. Also, we don't go over a 3 month ban. It was decided that 3 months would be the max for anything over than hacking. The 2 weeks need to be taken off regardless.

Slyther wrote:
I understand that it was really late for you and you're tired, so it might not have come out the way you meant. However, just wanna point out how horrible this honestly seems. Never excessively punish someone with the purpose to make a point. No matter who it is, take the problem into account, not the person.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by Rocinante.

Re: Power is out! andddd response to Trevor's ban 9 years, 9 months ago #215647

I would also like to point out that I did RDM and was slayed next round for it. I was gagged ONCE, then never used my mic again because I was in TS. I feel like you were a bit harsh with this ban time because I was already punished in-game then decided on my own to call it a night and leave the server. So what you actually confessed of doing is punishing me in-game, AND THEN banning me. Overkill
  • Trevor
  • Senior Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds