Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

My old abandoned project - Any ideas on this ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: My old abandoned project - Any ideas on this ?

My old abandoned project - Any ideas on this ? 12 years, 8 months ago #59020

I would like to get some opinions, ideas and tips on my abandoned project.
Since It's dead for around 3 months, I still have the clear view on how it was supposed to look like, but I think that I'll modify it a bit.

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

I wanted it to look a little bit like my other, old map:
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Ideas ?
  • Netheous
  • Platinum Boarder
I'll start playing on FP again... someday ^^
Last Edit: 12 years, 8 months ago by Netheous.

Re: My old abandoned project - Any ideas on this ? 12 years, 8 months ago #59025

It looks like a very nice map, I've only gotten into hammer myself so at best I've made a func_door, lighting and viewed the sdk_demo maps.
So this currently blows my mind especially the landscape, the waterfall and what looks like a cave.
I have a working sniper map for Wolf:ET if you would like to see it?
  • SimonJ
  • Gold Boarder
Great shot! or AIMBOT!

Re: My old abandoned project - Any ideas on this ? 12 years, 8 months ago #59035

if only building these maps was a little more like minecraft
  • Theharibokid
  • Platinum Boarder
The happy world of haribo
01/10/12 20:32:36 |FP| Clocket was killed by |FP| Clocket with a |FP| Clocket

Re: My old abandoned project - Any ideas on this ? 12 years, 8 months ago #59039

@SimonJ: Ofcourse
@Kyle Foster: Thanks! Thats very kind of you!
  • Netheous
  • Platinum Boarder
Last Edit: 12 years, 8 months ago by Netheous.

Re: My old abandoned project - Any ideas on this ? 12 years, 8 months ago #59041

Haribo, Slightly sad to say, there are minecraft maps, and they're all terrible, too small, not built well or other things, gives me half a mind to make my own MC map to show how it's really done.
I just have to make a few bespoke textures and i'm done, for clarity, 32x32 or 64x64(Most mapping programmes are limited to using a power of 2 for texture dimentions, 2-4-8-16-32-64-128-256-512-1024 etc.)

Netheous, returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/GGTowers;96452.
*edit* Old video I made.
Some things are prefab like the health and ammo cabinets and I might have copy/pasted doors and doorframes, but I'm damn proud of this tiny map, especially having a working map.
Also, May I have a prefab of that church, I like it, Does it have window panes? I can't tell from the pictures.
  • SimonJ
  • Gold Boarder
Great shot! or AIMBOT!
Last Edit: 12 years, 8 months ago by SimonJ. Reason: Adding youtube link

Re: My old abandoned project - Any ideas on this ? 12 years, 8 months ago #59084

@Up: Really cool map! Too bad that I dont play that game and because of that I cant really rate it.
  • Netheous
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: My old abandoned project - Any ideas on this ? 12 years, 8 months ago #59087

It's free to play and allsorts, you can get it on gamershell.com, don't forget to use the patches incrementally.
If you install Wolf:ET and install GTKRadiant, I'll give you the .map file to see my work in detail.
  • SimonJ
  • Gold Boarder
Great shot! or AIMBOT!

Re: My old abandoned project - Any ideas on this ? 12 years, 8 months ago #59111

SimonJ wrote:
Haribo, Slightly sad to say, there are minecraft maps, and they're all terrible, too small, not built well or other things, gives me half a mind to make my own MC map to show how it's really done.
I just have to make a few bespoke textures and i'm done, for clarity, 32x32 or 64x64(Most mapping programmes are limited to using a power of 2 for texture dimentions, 2-4-8-16-32-64-128-256-512-1024 etc.)

Netheous, returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/GGTowers;96452.
Some things are prefab like the health and ammo cabinets and I might have copy/pasted doors and doorframes, but I'm damn proud of this tiny map, especially having a working map.
Also, May I have a prefab of that church, I like it, Does it have window panes? I can't tell from the pictures.

i think he means he wishes it was as easy as making a minecraft map to make one on gmod
  • huw2k8
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: My old abandoned project - Any ideas on this ? 12 years, 8 months ago #59113

You can use "prefabs" or Pre-fabricated peices, like you build a door with a door-frame or an entire floor of a block of flats, you can "prefab" it and re-use that file for other maps and things.
  • SimonJ
  • Gold Boarder
Great shot! or AIMBOT!

Re: My old abandoned project - Any ideas on this ? 12 years, 8 months ago #59163

SimonJ wrote:
You can use "prefabs" or Pre-fabricated peices, like you build a door with a door-frame or an entire floor of a block of flats, you can "prefab" it and re-use that file for other maps and things.

Me ? Dawg, I am mapping for around 3-4 years, I know what prefabs are.
  • Netheous
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds