Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Your Minecraft server is being stolen
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Your Minecraft server is being stolen

Your Minecraft server is being stolen 9 years, 9 months ago #212553

www.gametracker.com/server_info/107.161.23.69:25564/

All the traffic that should be going to your server is directed to a Nazi server. They lay of claim your website as well. When me and a few other people confronted the owner I was greeted with this.

imgur.com/9wYI0rp

Also, it appears on the actual minecraft forums. Its the first result when searching for Survival servers

servers.minecraftforum.net/servers/67687...-friendlyplayers-com
  • Gnon
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by Gnon.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Your Minecraft server is being stolen 9 years, 9 months ago #212555

Gnon wrote:

All the traffic that should be going to your server is directed to a Nazi server. They lay of claim your website as well. When me and a few other people confronted the owner I was greeted with this.

imgur.com/9wYI0rp

Also, it appears on the actual minecraft forums. Its the first result when searching for Survival servers

Lets lock and load and deal with this bastard.
  • MainManMatty
  • Gold Boarder
  • What in the blue idol?

Re: Your Minecraft server is being stolen 9 years, 9 months ago #212556

Chute will fix it. The name Friendly Players is copyrighted I think.
  • SamPhoenix
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
Vanity
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

She can paint a pretty picture but this story has a twist. The paintbrush is a razor and the canvas is her wrist.

Re: Your Minecraft server is being stolen 9 years, 9 months ago #212557

Gnon wrote:

imgur.com/9wYI0rp

Gnon, we ask that you please refrain from attempting to question them. I'm sure the players of that community do not appreciate the harassment. Just leave it to Chute and myself to handle this situation.
  • Jochs
  • Former Owner

Re: Your Minecraft server is being stolen 9 years, 9 months ago #212592

SamPhoenix wrote:
People seem to think that once someone makes something, it's automatically theres and is "copyrighted" in the eyes of the law.

You have to file a patent to get the name copyrighted and I highly doubt he actually did file one. Not to mention the name 'Friendly Players' is a pretty common term.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: Your Minecraft server is being stolen 9 years, 9 months ago #212593

As far as I know, Chute's already aware of this issue. It was brought up on the forums not too long ago.

Re: Your Minecraft server is being stolen 9 years, 9 months ago #212596

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
SamPhoenix wrote:
People seem to think that once someone makes something, it's automatically theres and is "copyrighted" in the eyes of the law.

You have to file a patent to get the name copyrighted and I highly doubt he actually did file one. Not to mention the name 'Friendly Players' is a pretty common term.
Chute is extremely professional, I'm sure he's got documents or something.
  • Granny
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP

Re: Your Minecraft server is being stolen 9 years, 9 months ago #212598

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
SamPhoenix wrote:

I'm pretty sure Chute isn't the kind of person to just randomly throw that at the bottom of the page because it looks nice.
  • Slyther
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Your new God
And that's my opinion. Love it or hate it, as long as you respect it.
"Self praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."- John Madden

It's better to die living than to live dying.

Re: Your Minecraft server is being stolen 9 years, 9 months ago #212599

Slyther wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:
SamPhoenix wrote:

I'm pretty sure Chute isn't the kind of person to just randomly throw that at the bottom of the page because it looks nice.
I've seen a lot of people and servers do that even though they don't actually have a patent for it (remember Derpy's program he made?). I'm not saying he didn't copyright it, because for all I know he actually did. But it really isn't that easy to get the name 'Friendly Players' copyrighted when it's used in daily speech so frequently. Remember when Candy Crush tried to get the words 'candy' and 'saga' copyrighted? I don't know though. This is just speculation. I didn't intend for people to quote me on this.
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: Your Minecraft server is being stolen 9 years, 9 months ago #212608

Vulpes Inculta wrote:
Slyther wrote:
Vulpes Inculta wrote:
SamPhoenix wrote:

I've seen a lot of people and servers do that even though they don't actually have a patent for it (remember Derpy's program he made?). I'm not saying he didn't copyright it, because for all I know he actually did. But it really isn't that easy to get the name 'Friendly Players' copyrighted when it's used in daily speech so frequently. Remember when Candy Crush tried to get the words 'candy' and 'saga' copyrighted? I don't know though. This is just speculation. I didn't intend for people to quote me on this.
Abwort and chute are a little different
  • Granny
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds