• PUNISHED-z11
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • This is good, isn't it?
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

The topic has been locked.

Re: [Question] So, RP Update? 8 years, 6 months ago #231508

Morgan wrote:
Be patient, It will be done when its done.

I'd much rather have them work on it for another year and code more things for the server for a more enjoyable experience when it is done, then release it now.

It's a Gmod server, not the next Grand Theft Auto. The server isn't meant to be played like a normal game and then left to be admired for years to come like Ocarina of Time. People want a server that will continually be updated over a short as possible period of time, not one where it will be left to die. It's not about the quality of the server upon launch its about how different that server will be six months down the line.
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Dare To Zlatan
Last Edit: 8 years, 6 months ago by .....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hellsdevil, PUNISHED-z11

Re: [Question] So, RP Update? 8 years, 6 months ago #231509

Waiting for the update like.

• Rake
  • Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • A Minge's Nightmare!
Last Edit: 8 years, 6 months ago by Rake.

Re: [Question] So, RP Update? 8 years, 6 months ago #231510

Morgan wrote:

I'd much rather have them work on it for another year and code more things for the server for a more enjoyable experience when it is done, then release it now.

Excuse me? I don't think you exactly have any grounds to say something like that here considering you've never actively dedicated yourself to this community unlike the ones that have over the last 7 years.

EMP wrote:
I explained why it would be impossible and pointless for us to do that.

You are missing the point. It's really hard to have a lively and active gmod community without DarkRP, especially with FP when DarkRP was literally the backbone of the entire community. Now, the problem, as I've informed you several times before, is that it would be completely illogical to just let everyone leave and just start from scratch. Sure, way down the road IF the update actually comes, people will check in and see how it is, but the majority of the Dark RP players in FP will most likely have moved on to something different, whether it's a different game, server/community, or IRL, it does not matter.

Make no mistake, nobody wants their stats on the new gamemode, reboot, update, it isn't what the outcry is about. It's about this huge inevitability that is being pushed out to everyone that is preventing them from wanting to invest time on the server currently. Nobody wants to be "suprised".
  • Jochs
  • Former Owner
Last Edit: 8 years, 6 months ago by Jochs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hellsdevil, PUNISHED-z11

Re: [Question] So, RP Update? 8 years, 6 months ago #231511

Jochs wrote:
Morgan wrote:

Excuse me? I don't think you exactly have any grounds to say something like that here considering you've never actively dedicated yourself to this community unlike the ones that have over the last 7 years.

EMP wrote:

You are missing the point. It's really hard to have a lively and active gmod community without DarkRP, especially with FP when DarkRP was literally the backbone of the entire community. Now, the problem, as I've informed you several times before, is that it would be completely illogical to just let everyone leave and just start from scratch. Sure, way down the road IF the update actually comes, people will check in and see how it is, but the majority of the Dark RP players in FP will most likely have moved on to something different, whether it's a different game, server/community, or IRL, it does not matter.

Make no mistake, nobody wants their stats on the new gamemode, reboot, update, it isn't what the outcry is about. It's about this huge inevitability that is being pushed out to everyone that is preventing them from wanting to invest time on the server currently. Nobody wants to be "suprised".

BASICALLY what i wrote just more to it. At this point its been over a year and it starting to make people more angry than excited about it. I think most people just don't understand whats been taking so long while Zarp had a big summer update when the reboot was supposed to be number 1 priority.
  • Ella
  • Gold Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Ambassador />
					</li>

<li class=

Re: [Question] So, RP Update? 8 years, 6 months ago #231512

Jochs wrote:
Morgan wrote:

EMP wrote:

Josh why don't you actually do something for once? Instead of just complaining. I'm sick and tired of hearing you complain but offer no solution to the problem. Your only idea was the 2012 GM in witch you leff Kittia and I to do all backend work. But then didn't even bother to actually play on the server. Sure you ran the meetings but thats about it.

The problem with the server is the gamemode is old and all of its once unique features are almost standered for a DarkRP server. New people join and think "oh I've already seen this a thousand times" followed by a disconnect. This was illustrated clearly by the failed 2012 reboot, old players came back for a while but just weren't getting the new players need to keep the server alive. I've tried to fix this with frequent updates, I spent a whole summer by myself updating the server to no avail. We have tried everything else, the only thing that is left is the reboot. A brand new gamemode that is packed full of never before seen features. It would be pointless to release the server halfway as we would end up right back in the same boat.

As for the reason why its taking so long, i'll say it again. Both Chute and I sadly have real lives. We work and go to school and then when we come home we have about a thousand other things that need dealing with. Every other major project we have planned is on hold until the reboot is finished. Because I saw you ask Ella the summer of ZARP update was not what I would call a "big" update. It was mainly bug fixes with only a handful of new features, it took less then a week for Chute to code them. As much as I know you guys want the update until you start helping Chute and I code it you have no room to complain. Don't get me wrong we understand the frustration, but as I've said before Chute and I want the update to come out just as much if not more then you guys do.
  • EMP
  • Site Administrator
  • Diamond VIP
  • Ambassador />
					</li>

<li class=
  • FP Owner/Developer

Add me on Steam!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rake, Hellsdevil

Re: [Question] So, RP Update? 8 years, 6 months ago #231513

EMP wrote:
Josh why don't you actually do something for once? Instead of just complaining. I'm sick and tired of hearing you complain but offer no solution to the problem. Your only idea was the 2012 GM in witch you leff Kittia and I to do all backend work. But then didn't even bother to actually play on the server. Sure you ran the meetings but thats about it.

I love how I am made out to be the bad guy when all I did was explain to you what the problem was. There's no hostility, so I ask that you stop attacking me. You claim that the 2012 throwback was my "only idea", but what else could have been done. I was under the impression that the reboot was near completion, so I assumed it would be an alright idea to tide people over, but I obviously overestimated on that timetable for the update. It hurts that you have to lie and claim I never played on it, which I obviously did. As for me not being able to handle the backend stuff... you and Chute insisted that I should do it when I only gave it to you guys as a mere suggestion, whilst you knew I did not have much experience with it. When people stopped playing, I stopped, because I continued to remain hopeful for the update. One of the main things I try to preach is that keeping everything under wraps and not even telling your highest ranking community members anything that is going on isn't a good sign of hope.
  • Jochs
  • Former Owner
Last Edit: 8 years, 6 months ago by Jochs.

Re: [Question] So, RP Update? 8 years, 6 months ago #231514

Jochs wrote:
EMP wrote:

I love how I am made out to be the bad guy when all I did was explain to you what the problem was. There's no hostility, so I ask that you stop attacking me. You claim that the 2012 throwback was my "only idea", but what else could have been done. I was under the impression that the reboot was near completion, so I assumed it would be an alright idea to tide people over, but I obviously overestimated on that timetable for the update. It hurts that you have to lie and claim I never played on it, which I obviously did. As for me not being able to handle the backend stuff... you and Chute insisted that I should do it when I only gave it to you guys as a mere suggestion, whilst you knew I did not have much experience with it. When people stopped playing, I stopped, because I continued to remain hopeful for the update. One of the main things I try to preach is that keeping everything under wraps and not even telling your highest ranking community members anything that is going on isn't a good sign of hope.
Its not an attack Josh, its the truth. I just wanted to leave it at what I said, but since you decided to try and call me a lier here you go.

Thats at the most only a handful of hours played, nothing compared to the hours that many other staff members put into the try and help repopulate the server. You can't expect me to let you sit there and belittle the work that Chute and I have put into the reboot, when you do almost nothing to help out.
  • EMP
  • Site Administrator
  • Diamond VIP
  • Ambassador />
					</li>

<li class=
  • FP Owner/Developer

Add me on Steam!

Last Edit: 8 years, 6 months ago by EMP.

Re: [Question] So, RP Update? 8 years, 6 months ago #231515

on the topic of work is the trello still getting updated because i thought we was aloud to see some progree with it but it seems it stopped getting updated months ago?

x
  • bickels
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: [Question] So, RP Update? 8 years, 6 months ago #231517

• Legendary Member
  • Diamond VIP
  • Dare To Zlatan
The following user(s) said Thank You: JuicyJGotHoes