Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

It was time!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: It was time!

It was time! 9 years, 11 months ago #211757

Well it is finally time for me to get another computer as my 7 year old computer has now exploded! Not really but apparently my hard drive is shot. This will cause major inactivity on my end since I have to figure out what parts I'm going to get for my now new computer and I have to figure out if my problem still can be fixed. So this thread will have two parts to it. The first part is suggestions on parts for a new computer and Yes a gaming computer. The second is possible solutions to the problems I'm having now which is when I boot up the windows 7 logo comes up but does not boot any further than that and stays on the logo. I have also tried to boot into safe mode but it stops on a command that starts like Class PNP.sys. If you know any solutions please
post them.

New computer parts:

Possible Solutions:
  • ggboyswag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014
|FP| Zail: im not done
|FP| Zail: minging you

I did the same attack twice and I both rolled 1's for both of them but the second time around I actually won the roll when Steven rolled 0. #GetRekted!

Re: It was time! 9 years, 11 months ago #211758

Whats your budget if you build/repair? and when your current system gets stuck on the Win7 boot logo, is the HDD active at all?
  • GoodGame
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Lovatic

Re: It was time! 9 years, 11 months ago #211760

GoodGame wrote:
Whats your budget if you build/repair? and when your current system gets stuck on the Win7 boot logo, is the HDD active at all?

My comp was working yesterday but all of a sudden just froze so I turned it off and when I went to reboot it did those problems how I know if the HDD is active on boot?
  • ggboyswag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

I did the same attack twice and I both rolled 1's for both of them but the second time around I actually won the roll when Steven rolled 0. #GetRekted!

Re: It was time! 9 years, 11 months ago #211761

This should help:

www.reddit.com/r/buildapcforme
  • Rocinante
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I’ll die smiling
Steam Name: |FP| Strider (Formerly Professor Titties)
Former TTT Admin for 7 months,TTT staff for a year in total
Former Flood Operator for 4 months

Whenever you feel like arguing

"If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending quest for truth, irrespective of artificial backgrounds or practical consequences."

H. P. Lovecraft

Re: It was time! 9 years, 11 months ago #211766

There are the specs my uncle recommended for me if you want to suggest something better or cheaper please post whatever you like.

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with
UEFI BIOS

CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A1866C9 (Silver)

XFX Double D R9-270X-CDFC Radeon R9 270X 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

AMD FX-8320 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Desktop Processor FD8320FRHKBOX

Corsair Carbide Series 200R Black Steel / Plastic compact ATX Mid Tower Case

Enermax Liqmax 120S Aluminum All-in-One Liquid Cooler With 120mm Circular Blue LED Fan

Thermaltake TR2 TR-600 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply
  • ggboyswag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Re: It was time! 9 years, 11 months ago #211769

ggboyswag wrote:
There are the specs my uncle recommended for me if you want to suggest something better or cheaper please post whatever you like.

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with
UEFI BIOS

CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A1866C9 (Silver)

XFX Double D R9-270X-CDFC Radeon R9 270X 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

AMD FX-8320 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Desktop Processor FD8320FRHKBOX

Corsair Carbide Series 200R Black Steel / Plastic compact ATX Mid Tower Case

Enermax Liqmax 120S Aluminum All-in-One Liquid Cooler With 120mm Circular Blue LED Fan

Thermaltake TR2 TR-600 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply

Yes, that's a pretty decent build for gaming. If you have a bigger budget, let me know and I can help with parts.
  • Reventius
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Re: It was time! 9 years, 10 months ago #211784

Got a quick fix and took my bro old computers smaller hard drive and put it in and it works!
Although I would still like suggestions on computer parts my budget is around $800-$1000.
  • ggboyswag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

Last Edit: 9 years, 10 months ago by ggboyswag.

Re: It was time! 9 years, 10 months ago #211785

ggboyswag wrote:
GoodGame wrote:

My comp was working yesterday but all of a sudden just froze so I turned it off and when I went to reboot it did those problems how I know if the HDD is active on boot?

2 ways: There is a little light on the front of your computer that blinks when its active, or put your ear up close to it to listen for it. It will always be spinning(unless if it is sleeping), but it makes clicking/clanking sounds when its active.

For that build list, it looks pretty good. If you don't need the 16Gb(overkill if you only game/browse internet), then you could get 8Gb and get a better power supply(or graphics card). Is your budget in USD?

Edit: AMD vs nVidia? AMD vs Intel? any preference?
  • GoodGame
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Lovatic
Last Edit: 9 years, 10 months ago by GoodGame.

Re: It was time! 9 years, 10 months ago #211789

GoodGame wrote:
ggboyswag wrote:
GoodGame wrote:

2 ways: There is a little light on the front of your computer that blinks when its active, or put your ear up close to it to listen for it. It will always be spinning(unless if it is sleeping), but it makes clicking/clanking sounds when its active.

For that build list, it looks pretty good. If you don't need the 16Gb(overkill if you only game/browse internet), then you could get 8Gb and get a better power supply(or graphics card). Is your budget in USD?

Edit: AMD vs nVidia? AMD vs Intel? any preference?

Yeah im sure my HDD is shot cause my quick fix fixed it and when I was looking at my HDD while i ran my comp it didnt move or spin or anything.

Thanks for the suggestion im only going to be playing games/browsing the internet so i might go down on my ram, and Yes the budget is in USD.

as for AMD vs intel which ever one is better this is just what my uncle recommended plus AMD black edition auto overclocks which is a feature intel doesnt have which i thought was cool.

AMD vs nvidia again this is what my uncle recommended.
  • ggboyswag
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds