Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Servers hacked AOWC
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Servers hacked AOWC

Servers hacked AOWC 15 years, 6 months ago #2579

Well many of you have been wondering why our servers have been up and down for the paste couple of days well this is the reason i got from AOWC (art of war central)

As many of you are aware, we have been experiencing problems with our London servers in the past week. Although they've been solid up until now, last week the data center received a ddos web attack. This is not normally a big problem, but the data center was not able to cope with the issue in a satisfactory way. We have decided that its necessary to move to a larger provider in the London area.

What does this mean for you? First of all this will mean an IP change. I wish there was a way to avoid it, but it is necessary when we move. During the next few days we will be making a copy of your current server in the new data center. You will see both servers in your control panel and you can control them both as normal. This will give you time to transition to the new IP. Our plan is to shut down the old serves on or after this Friday.

This transition will enable us to provide you more stable servers and a more constant low ping.

I want to thank all of you for making Art of War Central a great success this year. Our expansion to Europe has been more positive than we could have imagined. I look forward to providing you great servers for years to come.

Thank you,
Steve Phallen
Owner
Art of War Central

So at the moment the servers could be down or up and there copying data to new datacenters this could prove to be bad as the data could get corrupt on the transition to the new data center. so this matter is out of our hands am afraid and yes ive asked for compensation for the lose of uptime etc see what i get ...
  • Jam
  • Platinum Boarder

**Real-Time Gamers Owner**
The topic has been locked.

Re:Servers hacked AOWC 15 years, 6 months ago #2588

that sucks =/,
  • Poison
  • Gold Boarder
o.O

Re:Servers hacked AOWC 15 years, 6 months ago #2591

This problem has now been resolved, please check the New IP's thread for more info.

And apologies for the poor service over the past week, from katie (and her \"boss\") rofl
  • Chuteuk
  • Site Administrator
  • Diamond VIP
  • Ambassador />
					</li>

<li class=
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

Re:Servers hacked AOWC 15 years, 6 months ago #2593

YAY 100000 GOLD STARS THE SERVERS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!! I was getting worried last night!
  • mrfist9
  • Expert Boarder
mr fist
Don't be hatin!
When the pin is pulled Mr. Grenade is not your friend!
Life is like a box of Ammunition.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds