Username Password: Remember me

Haytham - Team Speak Staff Application
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Haytham - Team Speak Staff Application

Haytham - Team Speak Staff Application 6 years, 10 months ago #236221

Haytham's Team Speak Application

Steam Name: |FP| Haytham.

Team Speak Name (if different from Forum): Haytham.

What server(s) are you active on?: Roleplay, team speak and I'll be active on any FP server coming.

I am From: Sweden.

Member of the Friendly Players Steam Group?: Yes.

Time spent with Friendly Players: Since 2011 or so.

How much time do you spend on the TS3 Server?: Well, I am pretty much always available during the day to around one or two am during the weekends, during the week days I'm pretty much available at all times except late night, so I would say I'm on atleast for 5 hours a day, usually more up to 5-10 hours and that's excluding the fact that I am contactable through steam or the forums.

Why You?: Well where to begin, inorder to make it easier for you to read and me to write I will be writing "tabs" of reasons why I think I am a good and a eligible candidate for the position of team speak staff.

First of all I will be going through the powers of a team speak staff and when to appropriately use said powers.

The Powers

Set Server Group - This power would allow me to set server groups and give out badges such as DarkRP staff, Forum staff etc to in most cases newly trained staff members. As I'm trusted with the powers of a super admin on DarkRP this would be helpful as I would be able to set the badge of the person I am traning/just trained, I would also have to make sure I am giving the right person the badge by identifying them.

Set Channel Group - Not commonly used however sometimes used to give staff members their respective powers in which ever server channel they're staff on. I myself hold the channel group of super admin on both the DarkRP and DarkRP staff channels.

Kick Client from Channel - Not to be confused with the "Kick Client from Server". By kicking a client from a channel they will be moved back to the AFK/Lobby channel, mostly used if someone is being annoying or simply not listening/abiding the rules, I believe moving someone to a spacer and talking to them is more useful however this power also has a time and place.

Kick Client from Server - Much like the Kick Client from Channel power, this power kicks someone out from the team speak completely, most times you want to talk to a user before kicking them however if someone is breaking the the rules majorly like mic spamming racist stuff etc then this command can be used to quickly kick them off the server, and then you can give them an appropriate punishment, in this scenario a ban. When kicking someone you'll get to set a reason the client will see once they are kicked off the server.

Ban Client - Depending on the scenario, banning someone is generally a last resort after someone has repetitively broken the terms of use or if someone is constantly breaking it. In most cases much like the kick you want to talk to the client before actually banning the client.

Mute Client - By muting someone you remove their ability to speak, should be used when someone is mic spamming.

Move Client - This power moves a client to your channel or chosen channel, it has the same effect as dragging a client to a channel, should be used during meetings when staff members needs to be moved inside the the meeting room or when you or someone else needs access to a spacer.

Delete Users Avatar - Used to delete an offensive or inappropriate avatar, like usual I should talk to the said user after deleting it.

Why me

Well as of right now I hold the staff positions of a forum section moderator and DarkRP super admin (Lead team) with the powers of a teamspeak moderator I would be able to easily train new staff members and administrate the team speak, like mentioned before I have experience on the forums and the DarkRP server so to that shouldn't be a problem. I personally think I have proven myself dedicated as a darkrp staff and forum staff, my activity on the forums, darkrp and team speak are all amazing (In my opinion mind you) and me becoming a teamspeak staff would only be a benefit.

As a team speak staff I would be able to train with ease (Like mentioned before) and I would be able to handle situations where a large amount of users join the team speak and break the terms of use (Tends to happen when the zarp team speak is down). I would also be able to move staff members into the meeting room during the DarkRP meeting instead of having to ask a online team speak staff (Mostly Viking & Cookie). Like I mentioned earlier I wouldn't have to report users when they break the terms of use as I would be able to deal with the case myself.

I believe I am very fit for this position as I believe I have the right mindset and attitude for it, I've done pretty much everything within my power to keep the community active and "alive", as I am very active on the team speak server I would be able to contribute to it while administrating it at the same time, keeping a friendly and enjoyable enviroment on the team speak server. Like I mentioned before, my activity will definitely not be a problem if I'm accepted.

If we succesfully "revive" the community at summer an active team speak staff team will be needed and I am more than happy to help with administrating the team speak server. I am always available to be poked for help when I'm in the staff room or anywhere else.

Thank you for reading my application, I appreciate all and any feedback.

Critique/Feedback w/ response

Billy Jones wrote:
im not trying to be funny, but how much power do you need l0l

it's a friday afternoon and there are 0 people on why would anyone need teampseak powers

A couple of months or a year ago I would've probably said the same as you, now however I feel very different on this topic, call it biased but I personally think I could help more than I am currently able to as a team speak staff, wether it be to enforce the terms of use on the team speak server or speed up the meetings by having access to move and train people. In order to actually try to revive the community at summer staff will be needed and like mentioned before I personally think I am fit for this position. Thanks for your feedback nonetheless.

Ella wrote:
My only thing is that you don't have/use a mic and thats kinda the whole point of teamspeak.

Even though I don't use a mic I doubt communication will be a probably as it hasn't been one yet, mic or not I would still be able to enforce the terms of service and do my job as a team speak moderator.

When dealing with a user I could easily move him/her to a spacer and deal with it there, if the person is AFK I could poke the user, wait or try to contact the user through steam but I doubt it would come that far, I understand your concern and I thank you for the feedback but I don't think it would be too much of a problem. Simply put, having a mic or not will not affect my activity or moderating capabilties, thank you nonetheless.

Commendations

xInsaneSamurai wrote:
Friendly, well-known and trusted staff member.
Good luck!

[Z]Coutinroy wrote:
Very active, special timezone, overall great candidate.

DerpyHamzah wrote:
active player in the community deserves it, trusted.

MageJamy wrote:
Haytham you are a really trusted staff member I I really hope you get this

• Hellsdevil
  • Legendary Member
  • MrJ0K3RZ: you are the definition of autism
  • I Voted in Global Mod 2014

FP Community Ambassador
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Hellsdevil.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Haytham - Team Speak Staff Application 6 years, 10 months ago #236222

it's a friday afternoon and there are 0 people on why would anyone need teampseak powers
  • Billy Jones
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I dont know what to put here...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hellsdevil

Re: Haytham - Team Speak Staff Application 6 years, 10 months ago #236223

Billy Jones wrote:

A couple of months or a year ago I would've probably said the same as you, now however I feel very different on this topic, call it biased but I personally think I could help more than I am currently able to as a team speak staff, wether it be to enforce the terms of use on the team speak server or speed up the meetings by having access to move and train people. In order to actually try to revive the community at summer staff will be needed and like mentioned before I personally think I am fit for this position. Thanks for your feedback nonetheless.
  • Hellsdevil
  • Legendary Member

FP Community Ambassador

Re: Haytham - Team Speak Staff Application 6 years, 10 months ago #236224

Haytham wrote:
Billy Jones wrote:

fair enough, i guess the population will rise once exam season is over, but we'll have to see

gl then
  • Billy Jones
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • I dont know what to put here...

Re: Haytham - Team Speak Staff Application 6 years, 10 months ago #236225

HAYTHAM BOYS

Plus Support
  • Morgan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
[center]

Re: Haytham - Team Speak Staff Application 6 years, 10 months ago #236226

Morgan wrote:
HAYTHAM BOYS

Plus Support

god damn baldy shitposting on two forums simultaneously jk

anyways +support active player in the community deserves it, trusted.
  • Hamzah
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Haytham - Team Speak Staff Application 6 years, 10 months ago #236233

Haytham you are a really trusted staff member I I really hope you get this

Good Luck
  • JeppePort
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Haytham - Team Speak Staff Application 6 years, 10 months ago #236234

+support

Friendly, well-known and trusted staff member.
Good luck!

Re: Haytham - Team Speak Staff Application 6 years, 10 months ago #236235

My only thing is that you don't have/use a mic and thats kinda the whole point of teamspeak.
  • Ella
  • Gold Boarder
  • Diamond VIP
  • Ambassador />
					</li>

<li class=

Re: Haytham - Team Speak Staff Application 6 years, 10 months ago #236236

Ella wrote:
Even though I don't use a mic I doubt communication will be a probably as it hasn't been one yet, mic or not I would still be able to enforce the terms of service and do my job as a team speak moderator.

When dealing with a user I could easily move him/her to a spacer and deal with it there, if the person is AFK I could poke the user, wait or try to contact the user through steam but I doubt it would come that far, I understand your concern and I thank you for the feedback but I don't think it would be too much of a problem. Simply put, having a mic or not will not affect my activity or moderating capabilties, thank you nonetheless.
  • Hellsdevil
  • Legendary Member

FP Community Ambassador
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.43 seconds